Friday, May 16, 2008

Glory's Wedding Dance

I met Glory about a month ago in my creative nonfiction class. It was our first day of class and we took turns introducing ourselves and our profession/reason for being in the class. When it was Glory's turn, she stands up smiles from the heart and says, "My name is Glory, I am a dancer and dance stylist" she makes eye contact with me -- I had already introduced myself as a wedding planner to everyone -- gestures toward me, winks and says "we need to talk".

A few classes later she shared one of her pieces about the tango with the class. I felt as if I was right there dancing alongside her. Besides her talent as a writer and intelligence; she is charming, has an amazing attitude, and has seen so much in life. She is an award winning Ballroom Dance Competitor and Founding Director/Choreographer of Razzle Dazzle – The Silver Follies Dancers.

Couples who have taken dance lessons have not only looked forward to their first dance (it is motivating to see result from practicing), they have had a blast taking lessons. Some of them have even obtained injuries – stitches to be exact-- from laughing so hard.

In the craziness of wedding planning it’s natural to forget to ‘spend time together and be fully present with each other’. Make it a date night and just enjoy being in the moment. Dance your wedding stresses away. It’s less expensive than therapy!

Glory is running a special to have step by step instruction to your choice of music.
Free consultation
Four Lessons for $385—
Gloria Lamb
805-965-0706
danceingextra@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment