Saturday, May 17, 2008

I called my parents this morning to wish them a happy anniversary. That’s longer than I’ve been alive; I think every year, imagine that? Seriously, they have been thru so much together. Forty years-- the red ruby anniversary.

My mom tells me about her travels across oceans to go meet my dad. He had gotten out to Brazil before my mom and she joined him a few months lady via boat. A young nineteen year old unleashed to see the world and the man who was going to for better or worse in 12 days.


I just read a quote from Ashton Kutcher astutely summarized “Once people get married they think the work is done, but you just got the job!” regarding the secret to staying happily married. My parents definitely have.I am so proud of them for working at it every day.

Here are a few pictures of their wedding. They look so young.


The story is that they got married via proxy when my dad had moved to Brazil and my mom was still back in Italy. The people in some of the pictures with them are friends, perhaps a relative of some sort. There was no big reception, party, or celebration afterwards. It was just the two of them, no close family or friends around and the rest of their lives together.


I thought it would be fantastic to celebrate the ‘Happily Ever After’ story Felici style. Congratulazioni!

No comments:

Post a Comment