Sunday, January 11, 2009

"When the going gets tough, the tough get educated"




“When the going gets tough, the tough get educated” is this year’s theme for the ISES (International Special Events Society) Convention taking place in just a few weeks.

It’s been a daunting task to enroll, much like my college registrations back in the day. The cost to attend, finding a hotel, figuring out what seminars to sign up for, and the biggest is being away from the office for five days straight. Not to mention the fact that there are thousands of people attending this week long convention, GULP – that’s a lot of people to meet and network with.

Now that I have done it, I am so thrilled. I feel like a kid nearing the end of summer break before the new lass year begins! I cannot wait to immerse myself into a myriad of knowledge and experience so that I may learn and enhance the company.

I’ve enrolled in classes for design, wedding specific, bat/bar mitzvahs, business, advertising, and non-profit events. In lieu of my previous blog, I have also enrolled in a blogging class they offer.
There will be an exhibit hall of over 300 vendors presenting unique and distinct ideas and products based on their trade – florist, caterers, designers, lighting, entertainment you name it.

I am anxious to learn and implement my newly gained knowledge into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment